Ok, don’t judge me for writing a blog on frozen hot chocolate when it’s a cold day in Virginia. I mean… I guess you could make this in the summertime if you miss those wintery days.
However, it’s just so delicious and chocolaty I could not resist making it!
If you’re feeling up to it… I suggest adding 1 oz. of Baileys Irish Cream or Kahlua to the drink to “warm” you up?
I may earn a small commission from purchases made through links from my site.
First, I decided on five toppings to go into this drink.
- Crushed up peppermint candies
- Christmas sprinkles
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate stars
- Whipped cream
The crushed peppermint candies were not supposed to be a topping originally, but since I had a serious blog FAIL with mini candy canes (I blame the store for all the broken pieces) I decided to add this for color and more flavor because who doesn’t love peppermints and chocolate?
RELATED POST: DELICIOUS CHRISTMAS COOKIE CUPS
Oh and don’t forget to add some festive straws!
The edible stars were super easy to make.
First, you heat up chocolate chips until melted, then you place the melted chocolate in a zip lock bag.
Cut a tiny sliver off of the corner of the bag and draw your star on wax paper.
Place sprinkles on the stars immediately before placing them in the fridge to harden.
Can we just talk about that chocolate drizzle on the glass though?
I think next time I’m going to add some chocolate curls, maybe take out the peppermint and marshmallow and instead add in some caramel and nut toppings?
Hi, I’m drooling.
I hope you enjoy your frozen hot chocolate as much as I do!
Healthy Recipe Alternatives
- Add cacao nibs as a topping
- Use Walden Farms Chocolate Flavored Syrup for the chocolate sauce
- Replace standard cocoa powder with Organic Cocoa Powder
*All items can be found on iHerb. Use code CSW131 for a discount!
- 1 Cup Milk *My favorite is Unsweetened Vanilla Cashew Milk
- 2 Packets Hot Cocoa Mix Take out the marshmallows for toppings
- 3 Tbsp. Chocolate Sauce Add more for a stronger chocolate taste
- 2 Cups Ice
- 1 oz Baileys Irish Cream or Kahlua Optional
- Additional toppings
- Blend together milk, hot cocoa mix, chocolate sauce, ice and optional alcohol.
- Pour mix into glasses and add a drizzle of chocolate sauce around the rim.
- Add toppings as desired and don't forget the festive straw! Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply