This post contains a recipe on how to make a healthy and delicious Raspberry Smoothie!
When springtime comes around all I want is fruit. Fresh, sweet, delicious fruit!
My absolute favorite fruit is raspberries. I could eat three pints in the blink of an eye.
Sometimes, I even stuff a chocolate chip into my raspberries for a sweet dessert. You gotta try that!
One thing I have started to make more of is smoothies. They’re such an easy and delicious way to get the vitamins and nutrients our bodies need!
I may earn a small commission from purchases made through links from my site.
This raspberry smoothie is packed full of protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
This recipe is so easy, you probably have most (if not all) of these ingredients at home!
Feel free to substitute the fruit for other fruit like blackberries, peaches, pineapple, strawberries, etc. if you don’t have the raspberries at home.
WHAT INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
We are keeping this recipe pretty simple.
- Raspberries: This fibrous fruit can either be fresh or frozen and as I said above, you can substitute raspberries for other fruit
- Overripe Frozen Banana: I prefer overripe for flavor and frozen for extra creaminess. This adds some natural sweetness to the smoothie
- Greek Yogurt: Makes the smoothie texture thicker and gives the body extra protein
- Flax Seeds: Rich in fiber and loaded with healthy fats (omega-3)
- Water: Only add if smoothie texture is too thick. You can add unsweetened almond milk if you prefer a nuttier flavor
HOW TO MAKE THE RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE
Blend until there are no chunks left.
|RELATED POST: RASPBERRY SORBET CHAMPAGNE|
Sometimes I throw in spinach for those extra nutrients (trust me, you can’t taste it) and sometimes I add Medjool dates for even more sweetness.
Pour into a glass, add a cute straw or even a sprig of mint, and enjoy!
Another thing I add to my smoothies sometimes is protein powder.
Typically I like the Young Living Vanilla Spice protein powder but for this recipe, vanilla spice wouldn’t mix well so I would add a standard vanilla protein powder from Sunwarrior, Genuine Health or, Vega Essentials.
You can replace flax seeds with chia seeds or hemp seeds.
Instead of raspberries, use another berry fruit or even peach or pineapple.
Replace greek yogurt with 1/2 an avocado. You will have a delicious flavor and not miss out on the creaminess. Keep in mind that you will be adding in more healthy fats so I would skip the seeds.
I hope you enjoy this delicious smoothie on a nice and warm sunny day!
I am so thankful spring has arrived.
What are your plans this spring?
Healthy and Delicious Raspberry Smoothie
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 banana frozen
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. flax seeds
- water to thin it out
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!