Let’s talk about this past month’s goals and what I accomplished/didn’t accomplish…
September 2018 Goals –
1. Find the work/life balance. September and October are the busiest work months of the year and this month I have 7 weddings. I want to make sure I balance my time between work and my family and schedule time for myself as well. I think this will be a hard goal so wish me luck!
– I’ve been managing this by staying home as long as I can before going to work on the weekends. Trying to plan ahead of time to see how much work I can get done while the kids are at school has been helpful. Luckily our last Sunday wedding was Sunday, September 30th so now my Sundays are free! I was able to have some free time by going out with friends this month.
2. Catch up with friends. I have a sushi/wine date with one of my friends and I cannot wait! Having a second baby has had me tied up at home more and I wouldn’t change it for the world but it is nice to get out once in a while.
– Not only did I get to have a sushi/wine date with a friend but I also had a “mama’s night out” with two of my girlfriends who also have kids my age. We went out and got Coronaritas (Corona + Margarita) and Mexican food. YUM! I also got to catch up with a good friend while having a play-date at my house. This was a successful month!
3. Seriously finish the deck project. We do not have much more to paint so I have a feeling that this month may be the month.
– Pretty sure I’ve cursed myself with this deck. We’ve had a ridiculous amount of rain in August and September so this deck painting project has literally been non-existent. However, I have been able to paint a few things inside the house. If October doesn’t let up with the rain I will have to wait until Spring to paint because of the falling leaves. UGH!
Only one goal… LAUNCH THE NEW BLOG
– As you can see… this was wildly successful and I am so happy with it!!
October 2018 Goals –
1. Finish reading the book, “Luckiest Girl Alive, A Novel” I bought back in April (YIKES). I’ve read about 10 pages so far.
2. Plan out outfits and props for our family photo shoot in December. So excited about this!
3. Complete our cabinet project in our kitchen. We’re almost done painting… thank goodness!
1. Work on my blogging calendar. My goal is to sit down every Sunday and plan out my posts (when to take photos and when to write), when to work on social media platforms as well as scheduling newsletter/email campaigns.
2. Promote my Pinterest account with Tailwind. I am hoping to hit 5000 average monthly views and am working with Tailwind to accomplish that!
3. Do 6 blog posts a month (averaging 1 every 5 days). I want to focus more on health, wellness, motherhood and saving money!
Leave a Reply