October was a great learning month for me. I decided to take a leap and buy The Genius Blogger’s Toolkit 2018 and boy have I learned a TON. I felt like I knew a good amount about blogging but I barely scratched the surface.
Let’s talk about this past month’s goals and what I did and did not accomplish.
October 2018 Goals –
1. Finish reading the book, “Luckiest Girl Alive, A Novel” I bought back in April (YIKES). I’ve read about 10 pages so far.
– Well, I’ve read a solid THREE chapters. Between American Horror Story: Apocalypse and The Haunting of Hill House, I’ve had no time to read. Seriously… does anyone else watch these two shows? I am addicted but also scared shitless. Why do I do this to myself!?
2. Plan out outfits and props for our family photo shoot in December. So excited about this!
– I have a basic color scheme and an idea of what I want. It’s gonna be at a location I am unfamiliar with and I am actually quite excited about it. Especially because my girl Allyson will be taking the photos (if you don’t already know… she’s my fav).
3. Complete our cabinet project in our kitchen. We’re almost done painting… thank goodness!
– FAIL FAIL FAIL. I guess I’d rather focus on my blog goals instead of my own personal goals. However, we did buy the actual paint to complete the project.
A Little Bit of Lovely Blog Goals:
1. Work on my blogging calendar. My goal is to sit down every Sunday and plan out my posts (when to take photos and when to write), when to work on social media platforms as well as scheduling newsletter/email campaigns.
– I think I did 50% of what I could’ve done for this. I really need to find an App or some sort of online program that I can use to help with this. Right now I am using the cutest printable calendar to write on and of course, I just printed the 2019 calendar even though we have two months left in the year #organizationalfail. I think getting organized for the blog might take some time and some serious focus.
– I am proud to say I have FAR surpassed this goal! Watching the numbers go up each day was so cool to see and let’s be real… I was completely shocked. Not only am I hitting 67,000 average monthly views in October but I hit 224,000 daily views and Pinterest has become the #1 source for my website traffic.
I heard from a fellow blogger that it was important to have one main social media platform to focus on and build from whether it be Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, so on and so forth. Even though I do have an Instagram and Twitter account, I have decided to put 100% effort into Pinterest (I would be crazy not to).
What is Tailwind? It is a website that helps schedule my Pinterest posts. It saves me a lot of time and has become the #1 source for my website traffic. The yearly plan gets me an unlimited amount of scheduled posts and it is a seamless but highly effective process!
3. Do 6 blog posts a month (averaging 1 every 5 days). I want to focus more on health, wellness, motherhood and saving money!
This goal has been reached and I even added one more blog post (patting myself on the back)! However, my categories were not focused on health and wellness at all. Instead, I made double chocolate Halloween cookies. Totally worth it, trust me.
Check out the blog posts below:
- Adorable and Affordable Fall Outfits for Girls
- Double Chocolate Halloween Cookies
- Meet Bethanne Arthur!
- Inexpensive Gifts and Money Saving Tips
- My Cure for Morning Puffiness
- A Q&A on Breast Implants
- Monthly Goals in October 2018
|RELATED POST: How to Start A Blog|
November 2018 Goals –
I decided this month my goals will be to focus more on health and wellness. Especially since we are headed into the holiday season! Sure people will think I am crazy to start right before Thanksgiving but I am not planning to go on a diet. I am planning to be more aware of what I am eating and practice more self-control.
1. Start working out consistently again. My plan is to workout 2x a week and go on walks at least 4x a week for 30 minutes.
2. Incorporate some type of vegetable at every meal including breakfast (if possible).
3. Drink at least 1/2 a gallon of water a day. When I competed I would drink a gallon no problem! I want to work my way up again to drinking water constantly to stay hydrated!
A Little Bit of Lovely Blog Goals:
1. Since Pinterest is now my main social media platform, I want to start gaining followers on that site (not just views). I started off the month with just two followers and as of today, I have 27 followers. So… my ultimate goal is to hit 50 followers by the end of November.
2. Hit an average of 50,000 monthly views on Pinterest, 5,000 monthly engaged and a whopping 500,000 views on a single day. I have big goals for this one and I plan on using Tailwind to accomplish that of course!
3. Do 8 blog posts in the month of November. I plan to work my way up to 2 posts a week at some point. The posts will include castor oil (a weird topic I know but just stick with me here), my morning routine, and most definitely some Christmas posts. P.S. My tree is going up in 2 weeks. EEK!