Let’s talk about this past month’s goals and what we accomplished/didn’t accomplish…
April 2018 Goals –
1. Make 3 types of freezer meals for when the baby is born. I am thinking along the lines of spaghetti sauce and meatballs, egg cups and smoothies.
– Smoothies have been completed! That would be it. I am slacking on this…
2. Finish my daughter’s nursery. I have most of the items but we need to move the crib into the room before we fully start. We are switching Rosie to a big girl bed next week (wish us luck).
– We moved Rosie to a big girl bed! She has a twin mattress on the floor right now with a toddler bed rail bumper which we love and she loves as well. She snuggles up to it every night (so cute). However, we are now dealing with the fact that she has freedom to get up and bang on the door to get into our room every night. I have come to the conclusion that I NEED MORE COFFEE. I guess she is just preparing me for nighttime feedings again.
– The nursery is 99.9% completed! Pics to follow later…
3. Completely clean out our sun-room and sell any unnecessary items.
– Sun-room has been cleaned and instead of selling items, I decided to donate them.
4. Start reading again and complete one book a month. This month I am going to read The Couple Next Door.
– I am 89% finished according to my kindle. I honestly hated this book. Maybe because it’s about a baby girl that gets taken in the middle of the night and I am 9 months pregnant? I just thought it was a boring read. However, so many people loved it!
5. Find outfits for the newborn photo shoot for the whole family.
– Since I love the more “casual” approach when it comes to newborn photo shoots, I bought this adorable loose dress from Amazon. My hubby will wear a neutral colored shirt with jeans and Rosie has the sweetest quarter length white shirt with pale pink shimmery pants. Our baby will pretty much be naked wrapped in a blanket and wear a bow on her head. Simple and casual!
1. Get settled into our new place, get everything unpacked and start decorating.
– Yes! Successfully moved in, unpacked and got the new house starting to look like home.
2. Take a step back with work and focus more on my family and my mental and physical health.
– Yes. I have started daily meditation. I have committed to signing off the computer no later than 6:00 pm and I even took two personal days to relax and catch up on life.
3. Start a healthy eating regimen. We have been eating out so often and so unhealthy because of the move and I am feeling sluggish and gross. Want to focus on healthy/clean eating in April.
– Not so successful here. Wish I could say we had been better but still need some work in this department. We did commit to two healthy meals per week (stuffed peppers are taking over my life) but we need to cut back on eating out.
4. I would be to try and live more in the moment. I am constantly stressed and focused on the future and constantly looking to “what’s next”. I want to try to enjoy each and every minute of each day (even Mondays which are tough for us all).
– Yes! I am most proud of meeting this goal. The meditation helped tremendously in helping me to be better about living in the moment.
5. I want to start trying one new thing each month. Last month I went to AR workshop in Alexandria and make a wood plank sign. I had never done anything like that before and I had a blast. In the month of April I would like to take a macrame class. In May I want to take a cake decorating class. And continue on that path of trying out something new each month.
– I didn’t get to the macrame class but I did make a pretty cute donut board (see on Instagram) for Leah’s shower and I fed baby goats for the first time!
Confetti Girl Diaries Blog Goals:
1. Plan, complete and post 5 new blog posts:
DONE! See the blog posts below 🙂
– Happy 6 Months to CGD + A Giveaway!
– Meet Kenzie from Hettman Homestead
– Jackie + Rafael | A Briar Patch Wedding
– The Ultimate Hospital Bag Essentials
– Monthly Goals: May 2018
2. Get at least 10 new subscribers this month.
– Pretty proud of how much we have grown in the last month!
3. Learn how to use Instagram Story Highlights
– Yeahh… we haven’t done this yet.
4. Increase Pinterest followers
– Although we have not increased our actual followers, we have increased our monthly viewers and monthly engaged (see below).
5. Find more bad ass women to interview for our blog!
– So far we have connected with two awesome ladies! One is a wedding planner and another is a wedding photographer.
May 2018 Goals –
1. Have one date night with the hubby before our baby girl arrives. I am hoping to do this on/around our 4 year Wedding Anniversary on May 3rd! Any suggestions on what to do?
2. Do at least one more freezer meal. I think I might do quiche instead of egg cups. I LOVE QUICHE!
3. Work on our outdoor space (front/back areas as well as our garden). This year we planted basil, mint, lavender, bell peppers, cucumber, snap peas, zucchini, and watermelon in our garden. Last year (for our first year gardening) it was quite successful so I would like to maintain that this year as well as get some beautiful flowers for our front lawn. Hopefully, I can complete this prior to baby girl’s arrival…
4. Start transitioning back to eating healthier. I have been eating pretty healthy this pregnancy (compared to the first one) however, ice cream is always stocked in my fridge and I may or may not have 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies lying around. I also want to find some good recipes for breast milk production.
5. This month’s book that I chose to read is, Luckiest Girl Alive: A Novel. Let me know if you’ve read it and liked it! I heard really good things about it.
1. To take at least 3, 15-minute walks per day. Since I work from home and am constantly in front of a computer, I really struggle to stop what I am doing and take a break. When I do manage to break away from my computer, I usually do so to eat or play on my phone. I want to start getting more physical activity in. So this is my top goal for May!
2. To start actually getting up when my alarm goes off rather than pushing the snooze button 5 times.
3. To make sure that I am doing my meditation daily. No excuses!
4. To start limiting screen time after work. Not just playing on my phone but watching TV or playing games w Brayden on his tablet. I want to put away all electronics and start getting outside and enjoying the fresh air and spring weather that has FINALLY arrived.
5. I want to start a gratitude journal. My mom and several friends have mentioned doing this a few times. May will be the month! Every morning I will write down between 3-5 things that I am grateful for and then I will make sure to reflect on those things throughout the day. This will help on my journey towards a more positive life and mindset. There is a lot of cute journals on Amazon!
Confetti Girl Diaries Blog Goals:
2. Because it was not completed for April’s goals… learn how to use Instagram Story Highlights.
3. Increase our Instagram following by 50 followers. This is a big step but we think we can do it!
4. Hit our next monetary milestone. We have started making some money with the blog and although it is not why we started blogging, it is a pretty cool thing to see so why not set a goal for it!
5. Connect to our readers more and have blog posts that captivate our readers!
** Please note what types of posts you would like to see more of in the comments!