Before we talk about monthly goals for June 2018, let’s talk about this past month’s goals and what we accomplished/didn’t accomplish…
May 2018 Goals –
1. Have one date night with the hubby before our baby girl arrives. I am hoping to do this on/around our 4 year Wedding Anniversary on May 3rd!
– Done! We went to the Cheesecake Factory which was so good! I always get the Thai Lettuce Wraps and literally eat the whole plate. However, I never get the cheesecake (weird, I know) as I am not a big fan of cheesecake… unless it’s frozen 🙂
2. Do at least one more freezer meal. I think I might do quiche instead of egg cups. Freaking love quiche.
– I ended up doing both egg cups and quiche. Just call me an overachiever 😛
3. Work on our outdoor space (front/back areas as well as our garden). This year we planted basil, mint, lavender, bell peppers, cucumber, snap peas, zucchini, and watermelon in our garden. Last year (for our first year gardening) it was quite successful so I would like to maintain that this year as well as get some beautiful flowers for our front lawn. Hopefully, I can complete this prior to baby girl’s arrival…
– We bought some beautiful pink, purple and red flowers for our front lawn. Our peony bushes are growing and so is the basil, snap peas, zucchini, and watermelon. Now… if we can only get the other items to grow in our garden!
4. Start transitioning back to eating healthier. I have been eating pretty healthy this pregnancy (compared to the first one) however, ice cream is always stocked in my fridge and I may or may not have 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies lying around. I also want to find some good recipes for breast milk production. Petals and Quill has a “No-Bake Triple Chip Lactation Bites” recipe that I am most definitely going to make!
– If having 4 cartons of ice cream in the fridge is considered transitioning to eating healthier then I am on the right track! Hah. BIG FAIL.
5. This month’s book that I chose to read is, Luckiest Girl Alive: A Novel. Let me know if you’ve read it and liked it! I heard really good things about it.
– Yeah… haven’t started this book yet. I will probably start reading it once baby girl arrives. P.S. shes past her 40-week mark already… grrr.
1. To take at least 3, 15-minute walks per day. Since I work from home and am constantly in front of a computer, I really struggle to stop what I am doing and take a break. When I do manage to break away from my computer, I usually do so to eat or play on my phone. I want to start getting more physical activity in. So this is my top goal for May!
– Most days I have been successful at fitting in at least two 15 minutes breaks – I switch it up between yoga and short walks through the neighborhood. Right now work is pretty hectic so I rarely get in 3 or more breaks but I figure that 2 is a step in the right direction!
2. To start actually getting up when my alarm goes off rather than pushing the snooze button 5 times.
– Not going to lie – I failed miserably at this goal. What with Caps games and Season 2 of 13 Reasons Why – I stayed up quite a bit later than I normally do in May. Therefore, waking up on time in the mornings was a bit of a challenge.
3. To make sure that I am doing my meditation daily. No excuses!
– I was 100% successful with this! Meditation has honestly been a saving grace for me. It has helped alleviate my anxiety and depression and has also helped me to focus throughout the workday. Another positive I have found from daily medication is that I have less physical pain (induced by my anxiety) and I truly have a more positive outlook on life than I did before starting these exercises. Pretty proud of myself for this one.
4. To start limiting screen time after work. Not just playing on my phone but watching TV or playing games w Brayden on his tablet. I want to put away all electronics and start getting outside and enjoying the fresh air and spring weather that has FINALLY arrived.
– This goal has been accomplished not only by me but by the rest of my family as well. When Brayden gets home from Daycare during the week, we have made it a routine to either walk to the playground up the street or practice our soccer moves in the backyard. Additionally, on weekends, we have been setting aside more time to spend with our family and friends and the activities always involve getting outside.
5. I want to start a gratitude journal. My mom and several friends have mentioned doing this a few times. May will be the month! Every morning I will write down between 3-5 things that I am grateful for and then I will make sure to reflect on those things throughout the day. This will help on my journey towards a more positive life and mindset. There is a lot of cute journals on Amazon!
– Sadly this is one goal that I truly wanted to meet but was not successful in doing so. I am going to make it one of my goals for June because I really want to start journaling and think it will be very therapeutic for me and help me to reflect on all the wonderful things/gifts I have been given in this life. Always trying for a more positive mindset and outlook on life!
Confetti Girl Diaries Blog Goals:
1. Since our giveaway was a big hit to gain subscribers, we are only aiming for 5 new subscribers this time around. Oh and be on the lookout for our next giveaway at some point!
– Not going to lie, we have been slacking a little bit this past month on our blog. With Julie’s workload and Leah’s anticipation of baby #2, we have been all over the place! Right now we gained 1 subscriber (hi Jen!) but we still have hope 🙂
2. Because it was not completed for April’s goals… learn how to use Instagram Story Highlights.
– One of our readers helped us with this. Now we need to implement it on our Instagram.
3. Increase our Instagram following by 50 followers. This is a big step but we think we can do it!
– Back to #1’s goal… we have been slacking and gained 16 new followers but we are fine with that!
4. Hit our next monetary milestone. We have started making some money with the blog and although it is not why we started blogging, it is a pretty cool thing to see so why not set a goal for it!
– We’ve had a few people email us asking how we were making money off of the blog so here is our “Blogging Resources post. We also wrote a blog post about theIbotta App which we are currently obsessed with.
5. Connect to our readers more and have blog posts that captivate our readers!
– This one is a hard one… we do not believe we failed but did not find much success in any sort of connection. We have a lot more personal blog posts that are planned in the months to come which we believe will connect us to our readers more.
|We have decided to move from 5 goals to 3. This will give us more focus on each individual goal and have a better chance of achieving them.|
June 2018 Goals –
1. REALLY FOCUS on transitioning back to eating healthy. Luckily, a lot of the freezer meals I have are healthy so that will be a big help. No more ice cream in the fridge once she arrives!
2. Plan Rosie’s second birthday party. We are focusing on a beach theme with a couple of flamingos/palm trees thrown in there. Rosie is currently obsessing over flamingos.
3. Schedule travel dates to visit my family in Massachusetts and Ohio so they can see the baby! This is up in the air until she decides to arrive.
1. Several of my coworkers have gone berry picking recently and then canned various jars of jellies and preserves. One of my goals for June is to go to Wegmeyer Farms in Hamilton and pick strawberries with my family and then make a large stock of strawberry preserves and POSSIBLY try my hand at making a strawberry rhubarb pie.
2. One of my good friends did this last month with her daughter and passed the idea along to me. She bought this awesome planter from a local family who builds them from scratch. She and her daughter then made a garden in the planter which is low enough that her daughter can water the vegetables and herbs and watch them grow. I want to do this as a project with Brayden for June. He loves being outside and helping in the yard so I think he would absolutely love this and I love the idea of growing some of our own food!
3. I STILL want to start a gratitude journal. This was one of my goals for May that I didn’t get around to but is something I am passionate about starting. It is the third on my list of goals for June as I truly think it will help clear the chaos in my head and help me on my journey towards a more happy and positive mindset.
Confetti Girl Diaries Blog Goals:
1. Increase our blog traffic. May was not a good month for us but with moving, babies being sick, another baby being born… we have just been SO BUSY. This time we would like to focus on increasing the traffic to our blog.
2. Use a blogging calendar and stick with it. We really need to start organizing our posts and figuring out the best times to publish them. Any good advice on what blogging calendars to use? We have heard of a few good apps.
3. Stay active on our Instagram account and try to post every 2 days or get to a total of 15 posts by the end of June.
View our past goals below!
Leave a Reply