Seems as though all of the photos I post are about champagne lately… hah!
Let’s talk about this past month’s goals and what I accomplished/didn’t accomplish…
June 2018 Goals –
1. REALLY FOCUS on transitioning back to eating healthy. Luckily, a lot of the freezer meals I have are healthy so that will be a big help. No more ice cream in the fridge once she arrives!
– So far I have lost over 19 lbs but that is mainly due to giving birth and nursing. I have been eating salads almost every day and going on some walks except I do still have a quart of ice cream in the fridge. I have an addiction! However, the ice cream is a limited edition and there is no more in the store so that should help! I have 13 lbs to go to reach my pre-pregnancy weight.
2. Plan Rosie’s second birthday party. We are focusing on a beach theme with a couple of flamingos/palm trees thrown in there. Rosie is currently obsessing over flamingos.
– Lots of stuff has been done! I cannot believe she is going to be two in less than two weeks. I could cry. Planning for their second birthday is a lot easier than planning for their first.
3. Schedule travel dates to visit my family in Massachusetts and Ohio so they can see the baby! This is up in the air until she decides to arrive.
– I am literally doing this as I type this blog post out hah! Plans are being made and I am so excited for my extended family to meet Luna.
1. Increase our blog traffic. May was not a good month for us but with moving, babies being sick, another baby being born… we have just been SO BUSY. This time we would like to focus on increasing the traffic to our blog.
– Our blog traffic has increased by over 300 views from last month. The goal is to hit 1000+ views each month and we are at 885 views for June with two more days to go. March was our best month with over 1300 views. However, our Pinterest traffic has doubled from about 450 to almost 900 (happy dance)!
2. Use a blogging calendar and stick with it. We really need to start organizing our posts and figuring out the best times to publish them. Any good advice on what blogging calendars to use? We have heard of a few good apps.
– I need to get on this. I use Trello to plan out some of my blog posts but have not gotten a calendar or set schedule on what to post and when to post it.
3. Stay active on our Instagram account and try to post every 2 days or get to a total of 15 posts by the end of June.
– I have posted 17 times! Wahoo! This goal has been reached 🙂
July 2018 Goals –
1. Finish painting our deck. We started this project two years ago and transitioned from a rusty red deck to a nice white and gray deck. However, our deck is quite large and after having kids, we just have not found much time to complete it. Since I am on maternity leave I have decided that July is the month to finish it!
2. Make a weekly menu plan for our family. We are tired of going to the grocery store daily to pick out food for dinner. Definitely not the smartest way to shop!
3. Take some time out for me. Apparently, I am starting to feel some symptoms of stress and anxiety so I need to make sure I take at least 15 minutes a day to do something relaxing.
1. Hit 1000+ viewers on both the blog and Pinterest.
2. Go through my blog to reorganize and restructure it after some of the changes that have been made.
3. Create 6 blog posts this month and blog recipes, events, travel and even interview some ladies!