Well… this is it, folks.
Here is the last of my personal and blogging goals for the year. I really enjoy writing these posts because I am all about accountability and I feel as though this really holds me accountable. So, are you ready to hear my big successes and big failures of November before we move onto my December goals?
Buckle up and here we go…
November 2018 Goals –
I decided this month my goals will be to focus more on health and wellness. Especially since we are headed into the holiday season! Sure people will think I am crazy to start right before Thanksgiving but I am not planning to go on a diet. I am planning to be more aware of what I am eating and practice more self-control.
I must have been sleeping when I wrote my personal goals for November. Like, I don’t know why I decided to do this right before the holidays. Have I been more aware of my meals? Yes, but it hasn’t stopped me from making “not so good” choices.
Ok, here it is.
1. Start working out consistently again. My plan is to workout 2x a week and go on walks at least 4x a week for 30 minutes.
– Want to know how many times I went on a walk this month? ONCE. One time out of the 16 times I told myself to. No excuses except for the fact that it’s cold and I would rather work on my blog instead of bench pressing in my sunroom once the kids go to bed. Priorities, right?
2. Incorporate some type of vegetable at every meal including breakfast (if possible).
– I rate myself a 7/10 with this goal. Didn’t really include vegetables much during breakfast but at lunch and dinner, I would make sure to add some sort of vegetable or eat a side salad. I also have limited dessert a lot except on Thanksgiving (and the few days aftter.. leftovers are the best).
3. Drink at least 1/2 a gallon of water a day. When I competed I would drink a gallon no problem! I want to work my way up again to drinking water constantly to stay hydrated!
– I started out strong but when I am at work I really like to enjoy my coffee. So much so that it can take me 3 hours to drink and the rest of the day I am playing catch up with water. However, I am doing much better than last month. I would say at least 2-3 cups more a day than I have in the past.
1. Since Pinterest is now my main social media platform, I want to start gaining followers on that site (not just views). I started off the month with just two followers and as of today, I have 27 followers. So… my ultimate goal is to hit 50 followers by the end of November.
– I am currently at 46 followers so even though I fell 4 short, I am super happy to have gained 19 new followers!
SHAMELESS PLUG: If you want to follow me on Pinterest my Pinterest name is
2. Hit an average of 50,000 monthly views on Pinterest, 5,000 monthly engaged and a whopping 500,000 views on a single day. I have big goals for this one and I plan on using Tailwind to accomplish that of course!
– MONTHLY VIEWS:
= Increase of 358,173
– MONTHLY ENGAGED:
Increase of 10,289
– DAILY VIEW:
Saturday, November 24th was my highest daily viewers at 524,906. Since my Tailwind queue ran out twice after that date the views went down to 514,000.
(Wrote this post on 11/29/18 and Pinterest Analytics is always 2 days behind)
3. Do 8 blog posts in the month of November. I plan to work my way up to 2 posts a week at some point. The posts will include castor oil (a weird topic I know but just stick with me here), my morning routine, and most definitely some Christmas posts. P.S. My tree is going up in 2 weeks. EEK!
– I have been so focused on building up my blog traffic that I have not focused on writing posts as much but rather, working on blog SEO. I have gone back to a few posts and changed up things to make a higher SEO ranking. Between Pinterest and SEO, it seems as though my blog views are growing more and more each day. That being said, I still wrote a post on The Benefits of Castor Oil, as well as some Christmas posts here and here.
December 2018 Goals –
1. Buy all of my Christmas presents and have them wrapped before December 15th. We are done shopping for Rosie and Luna but need to shop for our family, friends and daycare teachers. Suggestions on what to give the teachers? In the past, we did these cookie gift sacks.
2. The second goal is to start throwing away and/or donating items we no longer need. Since the kids will be getting a lot of new toys and gifts, I want to donate the ones we no longer need/use. Same goes for items we haven’t used in a while or clothes we haven’t worn in a while. Time to get rid of that JUNK!
1. Brace yourself… my goal is to hit 1 MILLION PINTEREST VIEWS by the New Year. Again, I will be using Tailwind as it has been wildly successful for my blog. As I mentioned previously, Tailwind is a website that helps schedule my Pinterest posts. I take one day to make as many Pinterest posts using Canva and schedule them for the week.
2. I am aiming to hit 15 blog posts for December. I will be doing a “12 Days of Holiday Gift” and each day I will be posting some super adorable gifts (all under $50) and they will be theme based. For example, one day will be about fitness and another will be about baking. You will be able to find all of them under my Holiday Gift Guide page. Each gift will be from Amazon because that is pretty much the only place I shop at now. This mama ain’t got time anymore!
Other posts will have to do with Christmas as well because as I have said before…
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
View my past goals below!