Let’s talk about this past month’s goals and what I accomplished/didn’t accomplish…
July 2018 Goals –
1. Finish painting our deck. We started this project two years ago and transitioned from a rusty red deck to a nice white and gray deck. However, our deck is quite large and after having kids, we just have not found much time to complete it. Since I am on maternity leave I have decided that July is the month to finish it!
– Ok, so I have painted part of the deck but honestly, have not done much. I thought it would be easy since I am on maternity leave but it’s not, hah! So our deck is still red, gray and white. How attractive!
2. Make a weekly menu plan for our family. We are tired of going to the grocery store daily to pick out food for dinner. Definitely not the smartest way to shop!
– Yeahhhhhh, nope. I have not been successful with this. We have made a few different meals throughout the week but they were not planned out ahead of time. Some meals we did were chicken enchiladas, burgers, bbq chicken, tacos (duh), and chicken with zucchini noodles. Does anyone have any easy recipe I can make for the week? Share below if you do!
3. Take some time out for me. Apparently, I am starting to feel some symptoms of stress and anxiety so I need to make sure I take at least 15 minutes a day to do something relaxing.
– I have been able to do this. Whether it be read, work on the blog, clean the house (yes, that is relaxing to me)… I seem to feel less stressed out and less anxious. SUCCESS! However, going back to work will be hard so I will need to make time for this once that happens.
1. Hit 1000+ viewers on both the blog and Pinterest.
– Since I shut the blog down the views on my blog are a big fat ZERO. However, Pinterest is almost at 700 for the month of July! Once I activate the new blog this will be my goal again.
2. Go through my blog to reorganize and restructure it after some of the changes that have been made.
– I am literally working on this as we speak. The blog has been reconstructed but this is a work in progress! So much goes into changing a blog.
3. Create 6 blog posts this month and blog recipes, events, travel and even interview some ladies!
– I did not think this one through. Can’t do it until the blog changes have been made.
August 2018 Goals –
1. Get myself and the kids organized and ready to start daycare on August 20th. I’ve never had to do this with two kids!
2. Organize the laundry room. We have a cabinet that was left in the garage by previous owners and I want to put it up in that room.
3. Print some photos from the newborn photo shoot to put on our wall in the bedroom.
1. Create a new name for the blog.
2. Have a new logo designed.
3. Change all social media accounts to the new brand!