I first met Allyson through Samantha.
They used to dance together and Allyson was also Samantha’s wedding photographer.
Not only that, but she was my engagement, wedding, maternity, and newborn photographer.
I am kind of obsessed with her.
Allyson is a mother of three (two girls and a boy) and she recently told me she has developed food allergies along with her kids so she has kindly offered to share the delicious Pumpkin Donut recipe with me and my readers!
|Photo by Chelsea Lyn Photography|
I may earn a small commission from purchases made through links from my site.
At first, living with food intolerances was rough for my family… the kids and I all have a dairy intolerance. After having my third child I developed a gluten intolerance. I have made it a priority for our family to still be able to have fun with our food!
Pinterest has been a lifesaver for gluten-free food ideas… and we switch our all the dairy ingredients for dairy substitutes, such as almond milk or plant-based butter, and the recipes turn out great… and everyone’s tummies are happy!
We have been able to have chicken pot pie (a favorite in our house), pastas, and y’all even donuts!!
[RELATED POST: A Journey with Essential Oils]
So I wanted to share one of the yummy donut recipes I found, perfect for you pumpkin lovers out there!
This recipe was created by Grain Changer
– Ingredients –
¾ cup sugar
½ cup canola oil
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend
1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend contains it)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoons soda
½ teaspoon salt
|Maple Cinnamon Glaze|
2 Tablespoons milk
1 oz cream cheese
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray the cavities of the donut pan with cooking spray.
- In your stand mixer or in a large bowl, thoroughly mix the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla together. Add the pumpkin puree, and mix in until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Spoon or pipe (using an icing bag) the batter into the donut pan, filling just to the rim of the pan.
- Bake the donuts at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 7-9 minutes.
- Remove the donuts for the pan and allow them to sit for 2-3 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the glaze: using an electric mixer or stand mixer, mix the cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar together until smooth and fully combined. Add in the cinnamon and maple syrup, and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Once the donuts are mostly cool, gently dip them into the glaze one by one, and return to the wire rack to allow the glaze to set.
Instagram: @ohhbutwhatifyoufly & @downcardinal_lane
Leave a Reply