Day 2 of my 12 Days of Holiday Gifts is here!
The Spa Edition Gift Guide is one of my favorites because as a busy mom, it’s always nice to have a few minutes to myself.
Just think about it, after a long day of work, tending to the kids after school, making dinner, giving the kids a bath, putting kids to bed, folding laundry, getting things ready for the next day, and then WHAM. It’s 11:00 at night and it’s time for bed.
Listen.. us moms need to make time for ourselves too. I don’t care if you have to schedule “me time” in your daily planner. It’s something we need to do to stay sane.
I may earn a small commission from purchases made through links from my site.
On top of being a super busy mom, it’s also the holidays!
We all know how CRAZY this time of year can get.
All of the shopping, running around, and making sure presents are wrapped and hidden until Christmas day can be quite the task!
Self-care is so important and I have recently been trying to focus on myself a little more. Yes, I am getting more gray hairs and wrinkles (thank you babies) but a little TLC never hurts.
Some of the items listed below are things I use on the regular (ahem… ice rollers and dry brushing).
RELATED POST: HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE FOR THE BAKER
- Cool Mist Humidifier | 2. Silk Eye Mask | 3. Jade Face Roller | 4. Ice Roller | 5. Bath Brush Set| 6. Aromatherapy Mist | 7. Candle | 8. “Cocktail Bling” Essie Nail Polish | 9. Bubble Bath | 10. Slippers | 11. Spa Gift Set
1. I love cool mist humidifiers. They are incredibly important during the dry winter months if you have little ones as they create moisture in the air and creates optimal breathing conditions. You can add some essential oils to the humidifier for a more “spa-like” feel. I suggest lavender, peppermint or eucalyptus.
2. This eye mask is made out of 100% silk and is lightweight and breathable. The material is hypoallergenic which is good for people with sensitive skin.
3. Want something that helps reduce puffiness and dark circles around your eyes? A jade face roller does just the trick. You can even use the roller all over your body as a massager. Better yet, make your husband roll it all over your body for a nice massage.
5. Dry brushing is something I do almost daily and I’ll talk about the benefits on another post. This set includes a bath brush, pumice stone, exfoliating bath gloves, a bath pouf, and a loofah back scrubber.
6. If I’m not making my own room mist, I would be using this one. I love anything lavender and this mist would be something I spray all over my bedroom and pillow. Lavender creates a calming effect on the nervous system so it is great to use right before bedtime to help you relax.
RELATED POST: HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE FOR THE HOMEBODY
7. A stress relief candle is just what I need after a long day of work. Dim the room lights, put on some quiet music and light this candle. Pure relaxation.
8. Since I have such limited time, I always get excited when I have a chance to paint my nails! I always find it to be such a treat and I am kind of loving this color.
9. I used to be obsessed with bubble baths and now my girls are. I think it’s time for me to start drawing up a bubble bath at least once a month. Yes, the one I put on here is for babies but I just love the clean and natural ingredients that go in this. I would totally use it!
10. Can’t forget slippers! In my opinion, they totally complete the overall “spa” feeling. These suede slippers are lined with faux fur and have a layer of memory foam inside. Talk about comfortable!
11. A spa gift set is a great gift to give to someone! I especially love this one because the items are all vegan, cruelty-free and natural! This one, in particular, includes a facial sponge, a bath bomb and 3 different hand-poured soy candles in each set.
That completes day 2 of my 12 Days of Holiday Gifts.
However, with all the craziness that goes on, I always take time to step back and remember that Christmas is not about gifts but about spending time with family and friends while spreading love and joy to everyone around me.
Although, I think we should enjoy at home spa sessions year-round… just a thought 😉