I love fruits and veggies!
One of my favorite things to do is go to the farmers market. I haven’t done it enough in the past few years but I always love going to them!
The best part is shopping through the produce aisle and picking out the freshest, most delicious looking fruit and veggies.
Although I only recommend items I really love, I may earn a commission on purchases made through links from my site.
Here’s the kicker.
No matter how fresh they look, they’re still yucky and need a good cleaning.
No one wants to eat an apple that 20 other people touched or snap peas that have been sprayed with pesticides or sprayed for preservation. Imagine your kids eating that stuff.
According to the Environmental Working Group, their “Dirty Dozen” and “Clean 15” lists for 2019 consists of the following…
I literally love to eat everything on that list. However, I have to be honest with you. I used to only wash my fruits and vegetables every once in a while.
|RELATED POST: 3 Essential Oil Roller Blends for a Newbie|
I never really made the time to do it or really knew why it was a big deal to wash them.
Disgusting… I know.
What is the Thieves Fruit and Veggie Soak?
What are the ingredients?
- Decyl glucoside
- Glycerin, Citric acid
- Sodium citrate
- Artemisia dracunculus† (Tarragon) oil
- Zingiber officinale† (Ginger) root oil
- Mentha piperita† (Peppermint) oil
- Juniperus osteosperma† oil
- Foeniculum vulgare† (Fennel) oil
- Cymbopogon flexuosus† (Lemongrass) oil
- Syzygium aromaticum† (Clove) bud oil
- Rosmarinus officinalis† (Rosemary) leaf oil
- Cymbopogon nardus† (Citronella) oil
- Pimpinella anisum† (Anise) seed oil
- Citrus limon† (Lemon) peel oil
- Pogostemon cablin† (Patchouli) oil
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum† (Cinnamon) bark oil
- Melaleuca alternifolia† (Tea tree) leaf oil
- Lavandula hybrida† (Lavandin) oil
- Eucalyptus radiata† oil
- Myrtus communis† (Tunisian Myrtle) oil
- Myrtus communis† (Moroccan Myrtle) oil
- †100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
How do you use it?
Get a clean bowl and fill it up with water (sometimes I just fill up my sink with water). Then, add 1-2 capfuls of the Thieves Fruit and Veggie mixture and let them soak for 1-2 minutes.
*Make sure the produce is completely covered.
Drain the water and rinse the produce under clean water!
Why Do I Love It?
I love the Thieves Fruit and Veggie Soak for a number of reasons –
- It is non-toxic
- The soak effectively cleans my produce
- It smells good and does not leave any residue or affect the taste of the fruits and veggies
- Helps clean off dirt, nasty chemicals like insecticides, and bacteria
- Makes my produce last longer – I tested this with some of my strawberries!
I catch myself eating more fruits and vegetables now since I wash all my produce right after I buy it.
I no longer wash them right before I eat them but rather just get a handful of blueberries out of the fridge for a quick snack or grab some sliced up lemon for my water.
They even have a 2oz. spray which fits perfectly in the diaper bag or purse for our “on-the-go” adventures!
Thank goodness I wash my fruits and veggies now! I don’t need that extra protein!
Want to purchase the Thieves Fruit and Veggie Soak and/or Spray? I would be honored if you use my code 18588998 in the enroller and sponsor field. *Please keep in mind, if you purchase the Starter Kit with my code, I would get a small percentage that would help support me and my family on our oily journey!
Any questions? Feel free to reach out to me here!