I wanna chat with you guys about my favorite essential oils. Like diehard, committed, can’t live without favorites.
Ever since I joined Young Living I have been obsessed with browsing all of their products and especially learning the benefits of essential oils.
Which oil does what, which oils pair well with each other, and so on.
There are just so many oils to learn about.
Some oils help relax you while others help with headaches. There are some oils that cure a tummy ache while others help with sore muscles. I mean, the power of oils is unbelievable.
However, please keep in mind that not all oils are equal.
As mentioned in this post, A company can say that their essential oils are 100% pure even though it may only contain 5% of pure essential oils.
RELATED POST: 3 ESSENTIAL OIL ROLLER BLENDS FOR A NEWBIE
I used to purchase my oils from stores like Target and Walmart (I cringe) because they said they were “natural”… lo and behold, they were crap. We were literally diffusing a small amount of oil and a big amount of chemical substances in the air.
We were breathing in toxins.
Which is why I chose to start purchasing my oils from Young Living. The seed to seal promise they talk about is amazing and you can read more about it here. Not only that, but you can actually go to their farms and see the process.
Ok, so this brings me back to talking about the oils I love to use. I know I could talk about all of the ones in the Starter Kit but I will narrow it down and give you a few of my favorites.
My Top 5 Favorite Essential Oils
This is by far my absolute favorite (and most used) essential oil. I honestly just love the smell so much.
It is a great oil to use at night for winding down and also if you feel anxious or stressed often, this is a great oil to keep on hand.
What I do with Lavender Essential Oils
- Mix a few drops of oil with water in a spray bottle and spray on my pillow at night before bed
- Combine it with stress away oil to create a roller blend to put on my kids 30 minutes before bedtime
- Put a few drops on some wool dryer balls to replace dryer sheets (another blog post, another time)
- Diffuse it in my child’s room before bedtime
- Draw a warm bath and sprinkle a cup of Epsom salts with 5 drops of lavender
This is a great one for nausea and would be good in a roller for long car trips. Peppermint is also a good oil to diffuse for focus and can be applied topically for a “cooling” sensation.
Great oil for after a hard workout!
What I do with Peppermint Essential Oils
- If I have peppermint vitality (again, vitality means you can ingest it), I put 1-2 drops in my tea
- I have a roller that includes peppermint which has really helped with my allergies (I roll it behind my ears)
- Diffuse peppermint EO to help with nausea or put it in a roller with a carrier oil if you have a tummy ache ( roll it around your tummy)
- I have a spray bottle that combined 15 drops of peppermint EO and the rest with water. This mix is sprayed on my flowers and fruits/vegetables in my garden to keep the bugs away.
I feel as though this one is famous in the oily world!
FUN FACT: Thieves is that it is actually trademarked by Young Living.
Thieves is well known for supporting a healthy immune system and they have a whole line of Thieves cleaning products. I talk about one of their products here.
What I do with Thieves Essential Oils
- Combine thieves and lemon EO with a carrier oil into a roller bottle to create an immunity blend. Roll on bottom of feet (perfect to put on your kids before school)
- If I have a headache, I place a drop of thieves vitality on my thumb and put it on the roof of my mouth
- Combine thieves, lemon, peppermint (all vitality oils) and distilled water to make a throat spray (you can even get thieves throat lozenges)
- Apply it to my gums to prevent gum disease
I use the heck out of this one during the warmer months. The smell alone reminds me of Spring and Summer. Lemon EO does a number of things in regards to disinfecting, cleaning, sanitizing,
What I do with Lemon Essential Oils
- If I have lemon vitality I put 1-2 drops in my water bottle to give it flavor. You can also cook with vitality oils!
- This essential oil is great for cleaning and really good for cleaning up sticky stuff. Think Goo Gone but all-natural, you can also use a few drops on your cutting board to disinfect
- I put some Lemon EO with water to clean our kitchen and bathroom counters
Frankincense is a very popular oil. It enhances spiritual and meditative practice and is used often in beauty routines.
What I do with Frankincense Essential Oils
- Add 1-2 drops of oil plus water on a cotton ball and use as a facial toner
- Combine a drop of frankincense EO with jojoba oil and put it on my pimpless – heals them right up!
- Roll on the bottom of my feet for relaxation
- Mix a drop of oil with a drop of fractionated coconut oil and rub on scars (helps reduce the appearance of scars)
BONUS OIL: STRESS AWAY
I apply it to my wrists every night before bed as it helps me relax and unwind from the hectic day I had.
Right after I put it on, I feel instant relief. I can’t even explain it. Feels like magic.
Interested in Oils?
Join my Young Living team with any Premium Starter Kit and enroll in Essential Rewards and I will give you $25 cash-back! (Young Living does not have any monthly commitment for you to buy OR for you to sell oils).
How to get your Premium Starter Kit:
Go HERE to visit the Young Living website.
Click “get started” and choose the premium starter kit with your diffuser of choice. Then decide whether or not you want to opt into Essential Rewards.
The next step is to fill out all of your information. Please be sure to put 18588998 in the member and sponsor field. Then check out and confirm your order.
I am so excited for you to be a part of the Young Living community! Please reach out with any questions you may have.
Young Living has the patented Seed to Seal process which ensures that you are getting 100% pure therapeutic grade oils.
*Please keep in mind, if you purchase the Starter Kit with my code, I would get a small percentage that would help support me and my family on our oily journey!
I would love to hear your favorite essential oils below!